A Message From Our Owner and Founder, Shannon Covey
As a business professional for close to 30 years in the corporate, nonprofit, and government sector, I have had the tremendous good fortune of representing organizations like Westin Hotels & Resorts, Food for the Hungry, the Arizona Department of Emergency and Military Affairs, and The Salvation Army.
My passion stems from a deep yearning to protect the citizens of the United States and vulnerable people abroad, help those who suffer afflictions, develop creative and innovative environments, propel organizations financially, advance worthy missions, and assist corporations, nonprofits, and philanthropists in becoming more efficient, safe, and foster a mentality of excellence.
As the founder of Premier Advising Services, I stand behind our quality, effective, and economical services.
We don’t want to just be another advising firm. We want to be your partner of choice.
- Shannon Covey
Advanced Schooling & Training
Due to an illustrious career and drive to make a difference, I have been fortunate to complete a Master’s of Science degree and participate in a variety of advanced training programs. My involvement included:
- Master’s of Science in Leadership With an Emphasis in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Indiana University’s Lilly Family School of Philanthropy
- International Association of Emergency Managers
- Seven Habits of Highly Effective People
- ASIS International (American Society of Industrial Security)
- The Association of Fundraising Professionals
- Association of Threat Assessment Professionals
- The Planned Giving Roundtable of Arizona
- Federal Emergency Management Agency – Professional Development
- Chick-fil-A’s Leadercast
- Disaster Relief training through The Salvation Army
- Emotional Intelligence and Organizational Change - Harvard University
- Adult & Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED Certification – American Red Cross
- C.E.R.T. (Community Emergency Response Team)
- U.S. Department of Justice – NIJ Training
- WAVR-21, TRAP-18, and Cawood Assessment Grid
- The P.E.A.C.E. Model